Building with Acrylic

I’ve been working on a telepresence robot on and off for some time. One thing I was held up on was getting the main structure built. I had done a design in Sketch-Up, but had no idea how to actually get it made for real. It turns out there are several options for getting acrylic designs produced. In this case, I chose water-jet because it leaves a nice edge on the finished parts. I wrote up a pretty detailed set of instructions for building the robot structure on the project wiki. In those, I talk about the production of the parts and assembly process. It details how I used Weld-On #3 to bond the parts. This works very well for acrylic since it sets up fast, creates a fast bond and is relatively easy to work with.

assembled eucabot

from on January 24th, 2012Comments0 Comments


Leave a Reply


  • + 6 = 7