So at our last Lightning Talk at Interlock I shared my secret for making the best chocolate chip cookies ever. I’ve since had a few requests for the recipe and I’ve hesitated to give it out not because I think it’s a secret but because baking is a science and with all science it’s not always exact… the recipe will get you close but with so many variables to consider(1) you’ll have to experiment and take notes… just like in real science class.
Also if you are someone who expects perfection the first time then I suggest going to the nearest bakery and just buy your cookies. It’s easier and I won’t have to hear your complaints about how the recipe didn’t work for you.
So here are the recipes and the links for where I originally acquired them. Thank you Alton Brown for teaching me to love the Science of Baking. http://altonbrown.com/
Notice in my image of the recipe they list cups instead of weights for the ingredients… if you want accuracy and consistency in your cookie then use the weight measurements… if you just want to make cookies then consult the photo. For larger view click on the image.
The Chewy (The inspiration for the best chocolate chip cookie ever) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html
- I only use homemade brown sugar http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-dark-brown-sugar-recipe/index.html
- I sometimes will use AP flour but find I need to use a little more than the recipe calls for.
- I use milk chocolate chips
- I only use real butter and always fresh
- Use the cookie scoop! Uniformity is godliness.
(1) Humidity, how loose or compact is your flour, what type of butter are you using, how many chocolate chips do you want to use, the size of your cookie scoop, how hot does your oven get, how much patience do you have, who will be eating the cookies (let’s face it you want to impress but not everyone deserves the best).
from Jaimee Lindvay on December 21st, 2013Comments Off on The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever