Come visit the space. Meet the members and community that works in and around the hackerspace. We don't expect you to be a member, but we'd love for you to come visit and show off what you've been working on. The official open nights are on Tuesday, or ask one of our members for a guided tour during off hours.
Interlock Rochester, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization and if you're interested in donating money or equipment, it is eligible for a tax right off. To do this, we ask that you come to the space with your donation and any member can fill out the donation slip and sign it for you. If you can't make it in but would like to donate you can always email treasurer at interlockroc.org to make arrangements.
If you have equipment that you think would be useful to the space, please understand that we can't accept everything. Examples of things we would be interested in:
- Servers, computers, and networking equipment manufactured within the last 4 years
- LCD monitors
- Electronics parts (e.g. microcontrollers, integrated circuits, capacitors, resistors) worth more than $50
- Tools such as saws, drills, or hand tools. (Please check that we are in need of such a tool first)
- Retro systems (not to be confused with old computers) such as the Ataris, Apple IIe, Commodore 64
- Useful amateur radio equipment like H.T.'s, antennas, or a working rig
The following are things that we invariably cannot accept:
- Old computers (>5 years)
- CRT monitors
- Random bag of old cables
- Old printers or scanners
If you're unsure of if your donation would be accepted, please email info at interlockroc.org.
Become a Member
Membership is the best way to support the group because this is how we pay the bills. If you're interested in becoming a member, stop by and see if you like the space, and fill out the membership application. You can find more information in our Aboutsection.