Today was the 2016 Rochester Mini Maker Faire in the Riverside Convention Center. We had a blast, and hope you all did too. As you can see in the photos, we had quite the nice spread of things we were displaying and demoing. Here's a list of things that we showed. Many of these will become links in the future, as we add more detailed descriptions about the projects... (from left to right)
- R.U.D.I. - Rudimentary Utility Droid Intelligence from Bill HK
- Raspberry Pi Backup Server - Carl
- Merlin-duino - Arduino Pro Mini and RGB LEDs in a 1980s Merlin game - Scott
- Amibian - RasPi running the UAE Amiga Emulator and our info slideshow - Scott
- LED Interlock Sign - "Interlock" in bright friendly letters - Carl
- Walter - Motion Capture Puppet in Technic Lego, etc - Scott
- Friendly Plastic - Low-melting-temperature moldable plastic - Joe
Here's a brief recap of our experiences with the event...
- We ran out of 160 fliers. I should have printed more. I just didn't understand the volume of demand.
- One potentiometer failed hard on Walter. His mouth wouldn't open correctly.
- We ran out of fliers! We had so much interest that all 160 fliers were gone! (see below for the solution key for the puzzles on the back!
- Check-in and interaction with all event people was awesome.
- Dan ran another great event! Thanks Dan!
- We had 4 members who were there for the full day, running demos and
talking with people. (Scott, Carl, Bill HK, Joe)
- THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! :D
- Carl brought a delicious pastry for us all to share, and Bill brought some refreshing water. THANK YOU!
All in all, it was a great day, and I am super thankful to you all for participating!
Note: On the back of our handout (before we ran out of them) were a few puzzles to do. In case you got stuck on them, or want to check your work, here are the solutions: