Hacker of The Month
From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Hacker Of The Month Award
What is it?
Every month, up to 3 people are chosen as candidates for HOTMA. They are nominated by other members prior to the monthly regularly scheduled meeting. On the night of the meeting, a secret ballot is taken and results are tallied to decide who will receive the Hacker Of The Month Award.
How to be Nominated
There are too many qualities of a hacker to give you a definitive list of what you need to do to be nominated. Below are a few examples:
- Make/Build/Hack something particularly interesting
- Improvement of the space in some form that benefits the group
- Show above and beyond membership
The Award (UNDER REVISION)
The following are some of the benefits of the award:
- 1/2 Off membership for your month or $35 towards the project of your choosing
- Picture of you in the space as the Hacker of the Month
- Trophy that is passed to each hacker
- Fame and respect from your peers
- Student and Full members are equally qualified for the award.
- Nominations must appear on the wiki at least 24 hours before the election meeting
- A nomination must come from another member than the nominee. (You can't nominate yourself)
- Only 3 nominations are allowed
- If there are more than 3 people as candidates, the directors will vote amongst themselves to keep it to 3
- A nominee must be present to receive their award
- In case of a tie a re-vote with the final two candidates is performed. If there is still a tie, the award is shared and split down the middle.
- The trophy must be returned for next month's meeting