From Interlock Rochester Wiki
- Brainstorm with other people on ideas
- Send out an announcement (via Google Group) that you are interested in starting a new project.
- Update the wiki, using the project template
- Update the President / Vice President on milestones so they can add it to the weekly project updates
- Keep member collaboration centralized via one of the following tools:
- Bulletin / Message Board (software TBD, highly recommend SMF)
- Separate Google Groups mailing list
- <insert tool here> - only requirement is that all members have access to it. Bonus points if it integrates with the LDAP server.
Balloon Based Projects
Description: Berticus really wants to tinker with 3d printing, and thus desires access to either a Makerbot or the next generation Reprap Mendel.
Details: Makerbots can be purchased for $750 or $950. The higher price reflects some premium features, mainly pre-assembled electronics, a power supply, and some extra plastic filament. Bots are currently rather backordered. Mendel parts are impossible to find. There seem to be no kits out there for the non-extruded parts (threaded rod, etc.), so even if we can find somebody to print us the plastic bits, it'll still be a bit of a pain to get everything together. Right now a Makerbot is probably the way to go, and we can use that to print out the Mendel parts to make a second bot for experimentation (developing new print heads and such).