From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Any items awaiting approval that don't receive objections within 7 days after being proposed will be considered approved and assigned a priority level.
These items should be taken care of as soon as possible.
- Create a footer for the website and move the Hackerspaces, Elsewhere, and Search from the sidebar to the footer.
- Remove the Contribute page and replace with a Partners page that gives information on the benefits of providing discounts to our members, statistics about web and foot traffic, examples of current partnerships, and sponsorship information.
- Add a Press page that lists external articles about Interlock. Include a link to a press kit that has high resolution versions of the logo with white, black, and transparent backgrounds.
- Update verbiage on the RocWiki page.
- Create colored icons for each category type (events, classes, news, etc.), placed either to the left of the title or floated left of the first paragraph.
- Create a web interface to the LDAP server with functionality to allow for business partners to check the status of members. Add access to this under the Partners page.
- Figure out why the Flickr gallery displays pictures in a seemingly random order at seemingly random times.
- Cache 3-5 of the upcoming events in the Google Calendar locally so there isn't such a long load time, or implement an animated gear loading icon.
- Change the index to be more of a landing page with just the first paragraphs from the latest 3-5 blog posts, a featured project, a more expanded definition of the hackerspace, and a more stylized upcoming events with a short one-liner description and direct links to a related blog post.
- Template the wiki to match the main site.
Parentheses indicate suggested priority.
- The current Wordpress theme is now heavily customized and should be renamed to prevent any accidental updates through the WP dashboard, which would reset all of these modifications.
- Create a dev environment for testing new versions of Wordpress and plugins.
- Rewrite some sections from the About page, and update the membership benefits to include specifics on discounts.
- Remove the member dues from the sidebar and make a new page that contains the membership application, agreement, and dues. (Note: Moved to About page instead.)
- Include a banner picture in the header or a rotating image at the top of the sidebar.
- Prevent the Flickr Gallery plugin's scripts and styles from loading on anything but the Photos page.
- Concatenate all external CSS and JS files. (Note: Instead, prevented all the scripts/styles in the Flickr Gallery plugin from loading on every page.)
- Add a Sponsors or Partners section on the sidebar with 2 100x100 logos per line. Links should open in a new page.
- Reorganize the contact page and integrate a Google map into the page.
- Add a hack to fix the Chrome bug that makes dotted borders disappear on elements taller than 4096px.
- Fix CSS issue that causes double borders on the Flickr gallery.