From Interlock Rochester Wiki
We'll need a website that will serve as a PR hub, and we can also have cool member features, like web space and shells. Here are some initial thoughts:
- Member profiles, skills/interests
- Ongoing projects
- Message board, mailing list archives
- Photo gallery (or link to flickr group)
- Twitter (retweets member tweets, #roc-hack hashtags etc.
- Link to youtube, embedded youtubes
- Member blogs
- Anything else?
Meetup, as good of a recruitment tool as it is, costs a fair amount of money to maintain, and isn't very featureful.
I'm a bit of a web nut but I suck at design, so I'd love to work with someone on getting this going who knows anything about design. (wooby)